This is absolutely one of the best chicken soups you will ever taste. Be forewarned, with it’s bright flavors and light broth you’ll have a hard time stopping at just 2 bowls!
Amazingly simple. Enjoy!
Lemony Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium leek (white and pale green parts only) halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2″ thick
- 1 celery stalk, sliced crosswise and 1/2″ thick
- 12 oz. boneless skinless chicken (breasts and/or thighs)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- lemon halves (for serving)
Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add leeks and celery and cook, stirring often until the vegetables are soft, about 5-8 minutes. Add the chicken and broth, season with salt and pepper then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
Transfer chicken to a plate. Let cool, then shred chicken into bite-sized pieces. Meanwhile, return broth to a boil. Add orzo and cook until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and stir in the chicken and dill. Serve with lemon halves for squeezing over.